Sunday, January 18, 2009

Interview with Sunrise View

I had my interview at Sunrise View Retirement Villa. An activity director was whom I spoke with and was a great person. I felt as if I was interview her. I asked how long she had worked for Sunrise View. She said when she was 3 her mom opened a hair salon in the Sunrise Retirement and she would go to work with her and the ladies taught her how to play cards. When she was a teen she was asked to volunteer and she did. When she was a young adult she was asked to be an activity assistant and she did. Then she left for a couple of years and was asked back in 2002 to be an activity director and excepted. Her mom still work's the hair salon and her grandma resides in the retirement villa. What a great story to here. It reminded me of when I was under the age of ten and my grandma worked at a retirement home. I would tag along with her to some of her shift there and found myself learning so much for the ladies that lived there. I looked forward to the visits.

2 comments:

  1. What a great place to be doing your service learning at. It is easy to forget how much knowledge our elderly possess and how much respect they deserve, as one day we will all pass into that golden age of life! I look forward to following your experience here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that amazing that after all these years she's still got a heart to be there. That's really neat. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete